Connecting those who have with those in need
In 2014, we re-directed our focus + efforts to supporting local communities and organizations within Singapore. People are often surprised about what can make a difference in somebody's life. Simple items that some of us may not think about as we go about our day - a pair of shoes, a bag full of books or even a warm blanket to fall asleep under can go a long way. You can directly and positively impact somebody's life by donating new or quality used items. We have included a list of specific items for specific causes and where/when to drop them off below.
Please ensure that items are new or like-new. Just imagine that you are gifting this to your own child or a friend, would you feel proud to pass this item along? If the answer is a 'YES!', then we'll gladly accept it. If the answer is 'NO', then you know that it is not suitable for our organisation. We wish to create awareness that giving is not a one-way street - it's about dignity. If you're simply treating our collection as a dumping ground (we have received many items such as used underwear, mouldy books, funeral offerings and more!), we would encourage you to reflect and have a think about why it is you want to give in the first place. We're really grateful for those in the community who give with generosity and give with heart - because it really shows in the way the items are dropped off!
If you have any questions about dropping off donations-in-kind, how they should be packed, etc, check out this page which answers are frequently asked questions.
Drop-off Location & Times (updated 7-July-2018)
In order to be the first in the know, please follow us on our Facebook adventures.
Please scroll towards the bottom to view the drop-off location, date and timings.
If you do not see any of your items listed below, it means we currently have no need for them at the moment or are at full capacity - please do not treat us as a dumping zone. Please do check this page regularly as the needs constantly change!
WISH LIST OF ITEMS
- Dehumidifier Boxes - MUST BE NEW *click here* (available from Daiso, Cold Storage, etc)
- Bio-X Lullaby Spray - MUST BE NEW *click here for example*
- Baby Wipes/Wet Wipes - MUST BE NEW
- First Aid Kits
- AA Batteries
- AAA Batteries
- Ziplock Bags in various sizes
- Hand Soap (Liquid) - MUST BE NEW
SPORT + EXCURSIONS
- Tennis Balls - New or Second-hand
- Cambro Water Dispenser - New or Second-hand *click here for example*
- Sunscreen - we prefer the spray type - MUST BE NEW
- Safety Vests from IKEA - can be new or second-hand *click here for example* - we are in need of sizes S and M - about 10 of each.
- SAMLA Storage Boxes from IKEA - can be new or second-hand *click here for example*
- StoryCubes - can be new or second-hand *click here for example*
- Articulate - can be new or second-hand *click here for example*
- Jenga Game - can be new or second-hand
- Scattergories Game - can be new or second-hand
- Beautiful Oops, by Barney Saltzberg
- The Dot, by Peter H. Reynolds
- Everyone can learn to ride a bicycle, by Chris Raschka
- If You Want to See a Whale, by Julie Fogliano
- Ish, by Peter H. Reynolds
- The Most Magnificent Thing, by Ashley Spires
- Rosie Revere, Engineer, by Andrea Beaty
- Your Fantastic Elastic Brain: Stretch It, Shape It, by JoAnn Deak
- Great Women who have Changed the World, by Kate Pankhurst
- Sky Color by Peter H. Reynolds
- Not a Box by Antoinette Portis
- Not Yet, by L. Cox
- Thanks for the Feedback, I think, by Julia Cook
- Mistakes that worked, by C. F. Jones
- Dreams Come True, All They Need is You, by Mike Dooley
- The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes, by Mark Pett
- How to Catch A Star by Oliver Jeffers
- The Most Magnificent Thing, by A. Spire
- Unstoppable me, 10 ways to soar through life, by W. W. Dyer
- The Grit Guide for Teens, C. Baruch Feldman
ART + STATIONERY ITEMS (CAN BE NEW OR SECOND-HAND)
- Art Aprons for Kids and Adults - can be new or second-hand (we're needing about 20)
- Laptop(s) - can be new or second-hand (preferably less than 5 years old)
- Tablet - can be new or second-hand (preferably less than 5 years old)
- iPhone Charging Lightning Cable
- USB Power Adaptor
- HDMI Cable
GIFT VOUCHERS + CARDS
- POPULAR Vouchers
- Kinokuniya Vouchers
DROP OFF TIMING(S) + LOCATION*:
LOCATION: 315 Outram Road, #08-06A Tan Boon Liat Building
- 28th July, Saturday 3pm to 5pm
- 2nd August, Thursday 7pm to 9pm
- 18th August, Saturday 3pm to 5pm
*Please do not drop items off outside of these dates/timings as we cannot guarantee that they will be taken away by passers-by or cleaning crews.