She was a riot on the airwaves for 8 years and, recently, decided to edge closer to the end of the diving board, hug her knees in and jump right into her role as 'rebel with a cause', always on the lookout for awesome. Raised in Jakarta, Melbourne and Singapore, Emily was inspired from a young age to serve the needs of the community around her.
In a nutshell: Perpetually in motion, Emily is passionate about all her causes. Her infectious energy resonates far and wide, especially within the communities she has touched. ‘Awesome’ is not just her favorite word but her mantra. It is used to describe everything and everyone. What gets her out of bed every day is the drive to help youth realise their own inner ‘awesome-ness’ and potential to change the world.
Some of the awards in recognition of Emily's work:
- Yahoo! Singapore 9 Awards - Winner in the Social Enterprise Category in 2012
- Cosmopolitan Magazine's (Singapore) first 'Fun Fearless Female' winner to represent Social Activism in 2012
- Top 16 Finalist from Asia in the Singapore International Foundation's Young Social Entrepreneur Program in 2013 (Emily bowed out due to the inability to commit at the time)
- GOOD 100 Global Changemaker, alongside the likes of Laura Bush in 2014
- JCI The Outstanding Young Person's Awards in 2016
- 1 of 15 participants selected for the Australia-ASEAN Emerging Leaders Program in 2017 (Emily was selected to represent her country of Singapore)
TALK OF THE TOWN
Read what others are saying about Emily.