ABOUT BEYOND AWESOME
At Beyond Awesome, students explore the world around them and discover friendships and their potential in life.
Our program goals are to nurture and develop each student in our care, so that they leave with the skills, knowledge and attitude necessary to be a world-ready individual in today's fast changing era.
We combine uniquely big opportunities through offerings such as our 'JalanJalan' experiences with personalised care and individual attention.
Literacy, curiosity and creativity are high priority learning areas for students who would otherwise not have this much emphasis placed on their day-to-day education. Our passionate and committed team take an active role in fostering intellectual and emotional wellbeing for each and every 'Beyond Awesome' student. We believe students who are well from within are able to engage more fully with the World around them and to flourish academically, socially and personally.
Within our program, activities and time have been designed to encourage and allow for students to participate at their own level, become part of a community and to realise their full potential. Emphasis has been placed on the wellbeing of our students through regular interaction and contact with our students, feedback from teachers and family support systems, and community engagement such as hosting Family Circle Times or Community Block Parties.
While we are aware of the increasing pressure of students to perform well academically in Singapore, we believe it is not everything. Our definition of success is to see each student's emotional intelligence, resilience, confidence and compassion for others be developed throughout our program offerings.
Currently we outreach to disadvantaged kids and youth-at-risk twice a week:
BEYOND AWESOME NIGHTS - Thursdays 6pm to 10pm. This program offering has professional teachers on site conducting personalised reading programs, lesson plans and one-on-one support for students who come in with their homework.
BEYOND AWESOME - Saturdays 3pm to 6pm
We are looking for the following individuals/groups who are keen to lend their support to our program:
- Teachers or those involved in the education sector
- Individuals with a passion for writing, story-telling and creativity
- Individuals with a passion for art and craft
- Individuals keen to join the leadership team to support the program in a variety of ways - partnership, community building, resources, logistics, curriculum writing, event planning, etc.
- Funding for the bus rides to get kids to and from the Beyond Awesome space
- Funding for excursions we would like to bring the kids on each quarter of the year
- Funding for external workshops and programs we would like the youth to have access to
- Donations-in-kind (See Matchmaking Blessings for full list)
Should you wish to volunteer at an upcoming session, please sign up here.